Break out those waffle manufacturers for this Sweet Potato Waffle Breakfast Sandwich. Five straightforward components combined for one legendary paleo sandwich. Whole30 certified also!
Oh man oh MALE you individuals. This waffle breakfast sandwich is just so excellent. I was really feeling actually good regarding it, up until I started thinking that possibly I was committing a Whole30 criminal offense …
I am not entirely certain if I am “damaging the regulations” with this one while doing the Whole30– likewise referred to as SWYPO (sex with your trousers on) … hmmm. I imply I really feel like there are some grey locations because stipulation, you understand? Since to me, it appears as though there are many various other dishes/meals that could fall under that classification. Like homemade Whole30 chicken nuggets as an example … Or consuming days with nut butter to obtain your “solution”– yeah I have most definitely done that. Essentially on Day 4 when I resembled “What the hell am I doing? This is crazy …”.
Or am I over-thinking it? (Most likely, I am a chronic over-thinker …) Like I discussed in my post “Why I am Doing a Whole30”, I have actually gotten on this trip for a difficulty, as well as mainly to see if consuming whole foods with no additional sugar (as well as other scrap) can aid some swelling in my system, perhaps balance my hormones,
assist my skin, etc. However without entering into excessive a lot more detail on my Whole30 thoughts (that’s for one more time) I seem like this waffle sandwich is alright … Or at the very least on my Whole30 journey it is alright. Maybe for another person it will take them back to when they ‘d pick up McGriddles, causing some poor sensations around food. But also for me, this is generally the same thing as having actually sautéed wonderful potatoes as well as kale in a pan with my egg and avocado.
Rachael’s Potato Waffles with Bacon, Eggs and Charred Green Onions
I simply required to add some imagination to this best dish I eat at all times as to not obtain burnt out with it so I don’t finish up long for something much less “healthy and balanced” or extra sugar or what have you.
Alright, we’ve come cycle! Let’s chat regarding this recipe!
Paleo Sweet Potato Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
WHAT YOU NEED
- sweet potato
To make the sweet potato waffle, it’s not practically a regular waffle with all of the components that would certainly be thought about SWYPO. It’s actually just grated pleasant potato, a whisked egg, as well as some oil. That’s it! We’re not going full-on waffle design yet making even more of a waffle hash brownish style, ya feel?
You after that simply load every one of the grated sweet potato in your waffle iron and also chef until browned. While that is cooking, you can sauté your kale, fry your egg and also slice up a little bit of avocado.
It’s quite easy actually. This meal would make an excellent “brinner” (breakfast for supper) or a fun weekend break breakfast/brunch. It’s so gratifying thanks to the good carbohydrates, protein, plus the healthy and balanced fats from the egg as well as avocado. This meal definitely maintains me full!
- Grease the waffle iron really well so you don’t have pieces stuck when removing the waffle.
- You will be packing the sweet potato hash into the waffle iron pretty thick. Don’t press down on the waffle iron so hard that your pieces end up getting stuck. I may or may not have had to test this process a couple of times, so trust me when I say this!
Bust out those waffle makers for this Sweet Potato Waffle Breakfast Sandwich. Five simple ingredients combined for one epic paleo sandwich. Whole30 compliant too!
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 small/medium sweet potato, grated
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp oil, plus more for waffle iron and frying pan
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat waffle iron and grease well. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk 1 egg (or egg whites). Add in grated sweet potato–should be around a heaping cup–plus seasonings and 1 tsp oil. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Once waffle iron has fully heated, pack in sweet potato hash mixture into iron, covering all of the quadrants. Press waffle iron down gently and allow sweet potato to cook about 4-5 minutes, until lightly golden.
- While the waffle is cooking saute kale in pan with oil on medium heat until slightly crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Fry or scramble egg in same pan (remove kale or keep in, your choice) to personal preference.
- Once sweet potato waffle is ready gently remove with butter knife and transfer to plate. Layer on kale, fried egg, and avocado slices. Finish with salt and pepper if you wish and enjoy!