This amazing quinoa and broccoli serving of mixed greens consolidates one of the world’s most advantageous grains with scrumptious veggies, all wearing a divine vinaigrette. Quinoa makes an extraordinary expansion to innumerable suppers, plate of mixed greens being no special case! It tastes delectable while pressing in a cluster of magnificent supplements like calcium, phosphorus, nutrient E, and potassium. In this executioner formula, quinoa’s nutty surface matches splendidly with new veggies like delicate broccoli florets, cut radishes, and succulent corn bits.
Almond cuts add a sensitive smash to this bright jamboree of flavors and surfaces. Prepared veggies mix perfectly with crude fixings, shaping a warm and cold mix your taste buds will love! With enough protein and fiber to keep you full for quite a long time, this serving of mixed greens makes a yummy supper without anyone else’s input. It likewise fills in as a beautiful side dish to any primary course!
Broccoli Pesto Quinoa Salad
Quinoa & Broccoli Salad
- 1 cup quinoa (any variety, we used red), well-rinsed
- 1 head (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds) broccoli, cut into florets, tough bottom stem discarded
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh, frozen, or canned
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, from about half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce or whole baby lettuce of choice, such as baby kale or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook the quinoa according the package directions. Allow to cool slightly.
- Toss the broccoli and corn with a tablespoon of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, until tender and lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a serving bowl, whisk the remaining olive oil with the lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add the quinoa, broccoli mixture, and the remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Serve and enjoy!